23655 Via Del Rio, Suite C
Yorba Linda, CA 92887
The COVID-19 pandemic seems to have stopped much of the world. Once busy streets and shops are empty, activities are canceled and you may not be even be going to work. One thing that the virus has not stopped is pain and injury. Maybe you were seeing your Physical Therapist (PT) when the stay at home order was issued. Maybe you are having more pain and soreness in your back and neck from all the time you have spent in front of your computer or laptop at home. Perhaps you hurt yourself picking up something heavy or doing some yard work over the weekend. How do you get the care you need without putting yourself or others at risk during this time of social distancing?
Technology like the internet, electronic medical records, online patient portals, smartphones, and webcams open up treatment and intervention options for you and your provider. Virtual platforms allow one-on-one interactions in real-time. You may not be able to go to your PT, but your PT may be able to come virtually to you! Rules and regulations vary from state to state, and insurer to insurer. They are also being rapidly updated and changed to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, so the best way to find out what is available to you is to contact your physical therapist and ask
● You’ll need a device with a screen, camera and microphone. This could be a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
● Choose a private space where you feel comfortable to conduct your visit. Make sure you have room to move, this is still a therapy visit and movement will be important.
● Wear clothes that you can move in, and that your PT can see you move in. Very loose, baggy clothing makes hard for your PT to see and evaluate your movement.
● Collect any equipment you may have beforehand, so we know what you have to work with. Examples might include resistance bands, foam rollers, yoga mats, etc.
● Be ready to get creative and have fun! For many patients and therapists, televisits are new experiences expect to work together and try new things to find what works best for you. for you.